Creating wooden decorations is a skill and a hobby that’s not only enjoyable but also very useful. The wood flower bouquet is one of the first decorations you must learn to make. It is the easiest to make and has high popularity, which means you can sell them whenever you don’t have where to use them. This article teaches you how to make a baby’s breath bouquet with your favorite flower.
You Must Choose the Type of Wood Flower Bouquet You Want to Make
Baby’s breath is beautiful and delicate, often used as a filler in bouquets. When paired with wooden flowers, it adds a touch of softness and romance to the arrangement. Before using it in a wood flower bouquet, choose the type you want to make.
One option is to create a monochromatic bouquet using only your favorite flowers and baby’s breath. This creates a simple and elegant look that also has a delicate touch. Even though it sounds simple, its beauty can’t be underestimated. As a result, such arrangements are trendy.
Another option is to use the baby’s breath as a contrasting element for a more colorful bouquet. You can achieve this by selecting flowers in bold hues such as red or yellow and pairing them with the softness of the baby’s breath.
It’s Important to Prepare Everything You Need for the Baby’s Breath Bouquet
Preparing everything you need for a baby’s breath bouquet ensures a smooth and stress-free process. Here are some critical items to consider:
- Baby’s breath flowers. Ensure you have enough flowers for the bouquet size you want to create. Consider buying extra if some stems are damaged or unsuitable for the arrangement.
- Other flowers. You can choose your favorite flowers or look for alternatives that fit the event where the arrangement will be used.
- Cutting tools. Sharp scissors or pruning shears are essential for trimming the stems. You may also use these tools to cut other supplies based on your needs.
- Vase or container. Choose a vase or container that complements the style and size of your bouquet.
- Ribbon or twine. Choose a ribbon or cord that complements the color and style of your bouquet, and use it to tie the stems together.
- Protective gear. Baby’s breath can be dusty, so consider wearing gloves and a mask to protect your hands and respiratory system.
The First Thing You Must Do to Create a Wood Flower Bouquet Is the Initial Arrangement
The first step in creating a wood flower bouquet is to make the initial arrangement. This involves arranging the flowers you have chosen in a vase or container to create a basic shape and structure for your bouquet. Here are some tips to help you with the initial arrangement:
- The supplies you order may not always have the exact form you want. Sometimes, even the wooden flowers may need some changes. You can use sharp scissors or pruning shears to trim the wooden flowers to the desired form.
- Prepare the flowers. You can customize wood flowers in many other ways besides trimming. You can color them whomever you want, prepare artificial stems, and many other options. Before you start creating any arrangement, you need to prepare the flowers properly
- Create a basic shape. Start by arranging the flowers in the vase or container, placing the larger ones at the back and the smaller ones at the front. Use your hand to create a basic shape for your bouquet, such as a round or cascading shape.
- Adjust as needed. Step back and look at your initial arrangement. Make any necessary adjustments to the shape or positioning of the wooden flowers to create a more balanced and visually appealing bouquet.
You Can Next Insert the Baby’s Breath in the Bouquet
- Begin adding the baby’s breath. Start by inserting small clusters in between the wooden flowers. This will help create a more natural and organic look. You most likely have some gaps from the first step of the process. So, you can deal with that first.
- Spread them evenly. Continue to add it in small clusters, but try to spread them evenly throughout the bouquet. This will help create a cohesive and balanced look. This factor is easily overlooked. Many arrangements end up as failures because of that, so pay attention.
- Check for balance. Step back and look at your work. Make any necessary adjustments to the placement of the baby’s breath in the bouquet to ensure balance and a visually appealing arrangement.
The Last Part of the Process Contains 3 Simple Steps You Must Follow
By now, you already have the basic shape of the bouquet. Now, you need to decide how you want to finish it. You can keep it in the vase if you need it in that form. Otherwise, you may want to create a bouquet, in which case you should follow the steps below:
- Tie the bouquet. Once you are happy with the wood flower bouquet, tie the stems together with twine or ribbon to secure it. You need to balance the force you use during the process. You must ensure it is stable enough but don’t overdo it, or its looks will be negatively affected.
- Trim the stems. Trim the stems to your desired length. You may have done this once, but you should check things out again and see if you need to make minor adjustments.
- Warp the bouquet. If you want to make a realistic bouquet, it’s crucial to warp it properly and strive to give it a look as close to reality as possible. For the warping design, you can decide based on your preferences.